What’s better than travelling Gay? How about travelling gay with 13 tips to make your travels even better! Please join us at the beginning of a list of 13 travel tips brought to you by Travels of Adam.
1) Meet locals: Use apps to meet people. This can all be very PG-13 as Adam puts it. There isn’t much better than meeting likeminded people around the world.
2) Visit local drag shows: Drag shows are usually light in tone and a perfect way to acclimatize and surround yourself with the local LGBTQ+ culture.
3) Use proper filters when searching hotels: Look out for hotels marked as gay/LGBTQ+ friendly. This way you know that the place you’re staying has chosen to identify as gay-friendly so you can avoid places that are less accommodating.
4) Book on LGBTQ+ specific websites. Websites like these do the work for you and ensure you stay in a place that will accommodate you without judgment.
5) Do some research before you go on your trip. Travelling gay is easy if you know how and where to look. Adam suggests starting with Wikipedia and looking at LGBTQ+ rights in the country you’re going to be travelling to.
6) Go to gay bars and coffee shops. This isn’t just so you can meet the locals but also because of all the fliers of “gay-friendly establishments and local LGBT information”.
Interesting isn’t it? Well, there’s 7 more tips on Adam’s blog and we’d highly recommend you go there to read the rest. Thanks for reading, and we hope you have a gay day!