LGBTQ+ Travel Destinations have become more popular with each passing year as the world becomes more tolerant. That being said, many people tend to gravitate to the same locals. In the following article, we will be looking at 5 lesser known LGBTQ+ Travel Destinations, brought to you by intrepidtravel.com.
1) Taipei, Taiwan – The first country in Asia to legalize same sex marriage. Taiwan is finally “starting to get the spotlight it deserves due to its breathtaking coastlines, lush landscapes, sizzling food and the cosmopolitan-meets-heritage charm of its capital – Taipei”.
2) Montevideo, Uruguay – Uruguay has had a long history of progressive LGBTQ+ rights and protections. Homosexuality was decriminalized in 1934, Transgender protections have been in place since 2003 and gay marriage was legalized in 2013.
3) Tel Aviv, Israel – We’ve talked about Tel Aviv before. It’s not just the most gay friendly city in the middle east, but one of the most in the world. Everything about Tel Aviv is amazing, the weather, the beach, the nightlife. If you’re out and proud this is a city for you.
4) Cape Town, South Africa – Known often as Africa’s Rainbow Capital you can find “adventure to nightlife, art to history, and of course, a world-renowned wine district”. Don’t forget their awesome beaches too.
5) Ljubljana, Slovenia – One of the latest countries to legalize Gay marriage, Slovania. Ljubljana, just this year, will host a pride festival, and multiple queer film festivals.
So what did you think of this list? Find any LBTQ+ Travel Destinations that interest you? We’re looking forward to trying out some of these locales ourselves. We can’t wait to see you there.